If you’re an employer, you never want to discover that a member of your staff is unhappy enough to start taking action against you, your business, or other employees. However, it’s important to recognize the warning signs of a disgruntled employee so that you can protect yourself if needed.
In this article, we’ll go over a few warning signs that may indicate that things have escalated to a serious level, as well as discuss when it’s time to start considering services like disgruntled employee surveillance.
The Warning Signs
While this is by no means an exhaustive list or meant to say that anyone who displays these behaviors is a threat, below are a few common indicators that an employee is extremely unhappy in the workplace:
- Poor or notably decreased job performance/productivity.
- Frequent call-ins or tardiness.
- Recurrent conflicts with or hostility toward other employees.
- Continuously expressing dissatisfaction with management, job tasks, or workplace.
- Sudden changes in behavior, such as emotional distress, irritability, anxiety, or paranoia.
When to Hire Professional Surveillance
There are a number of things that you can do to help mitigate the situation, such as keeping lines of communication between management and employees open, engaging in frequent workplace satisfaction surveys, and utilizing conflict resolution strategies. However, disgruntled employee surveillance might be a good option if:
- There is credible indication or evidence that the employee has engaged in misconduct or sought to harm the company.
- Efforts to resolve the conflict have yet to show any positive results.
- The safety and security of any employees or assets is compromised or at risk.
- You wish to take disciplinary or legal action and must gather adequate information.
At Charlotte Private Investigator, we offer disgruntled employee surveillance services in Charlotte, North Carolina to help prevent workplace misconduct and protect employers, employees, and work assets. Reach out today to learn more.